Monday, October 15, 2012

Crochet Pumpkin Hats


I got this pattern from favecrafts.com I know this pattern has been going around and is very popular right now because of the time of year. Here is the link to the pattern:


Obviously, I made a couple of modifications to add my personal touch. This week I am going to take the kids to a pumpkin patch and want to take some cute pictures with the twins inside of the pumpkins and have them wear these hats so I wanted them to look more like the top of a pumpkin when it is cut off.

  • Modification #1: For the stem I used a tan color (or brown) would work. I used a stiff yarn so the stem would stick up nicely.
  • Modification #2: For the vine I used a a green (any green would probably look nice) and instead of doing 2 sc in each sp I did 3 because it made the vine fuller.
  • Modification #3: To make one hat a little more girly I added a bow in the same orange I used for the hat. You can get free bow patterns galore and I wanted a pretty simple one so here is the link to the blog that has the pattern for the bow I used: http://creativeyarn.blogspot.com/2008/02/puff-stitch-crochet-beret-with-bow.html


No comments:

Post a Comment