Wednesday, February 15, 2012

17 week appointment

Yesterday I had another Dr. Appointment. It was uneventful, and it seems like I'm getting less attention and information than I did with Noah. At Noah's appointments I got to hear his heartbeat and the nurse measured my uterus, but this time I get neither of those. Instead, this pregnancy I go into my appointment, get weighed and BP and then the Dr. uses a mini ultrasound doppler with a screen about the size of an IPhone to see babies. We also haven't established the "Baby A/Baby B" thing. So far I just have two babies and she says "the one on the left or the one on the right". So I guess I will have to identify them as Left and Right for now. When the babies came on the the screen Right was laying sideways and had a nice profile and Right's head was butting into Left's belly. We saw Right's heartbeat which was fluttering pretty fast although I can't hear it and the doppler doesn't say what the heartbeat actually is. Then Left decided he/she wanted some attention and turned head to head with Right and we got a nice profile and heartbeat view of her/him. The Dr. showed me the little line that separates them. It seems really thin, but was told that it was normal. So far baby Right is pretty calm and baby Left is very active, he/she is always moving around when I see them on the u/s doppler. Now I only have to wait 3 more weeks until my ultrasound where they measure everything. I will be nervous and excited for this appointment because I get to find out if they are boys/girls BUT I also get to find out if there are any complications, birth defects etc. Everyone hopes for a perfect pregnancy with perfect babies but sometimes that isn't the case. There are a million things I could worry about but I should just relax and worry if something serious turns up. I'm also on high worry alert because I am in a "Birth Club group" on babycenter.com and although many of the posts are positive and asks opinions about baby products and procedures, there are also a fair share of sad stories. I try to avoid reading them, not because I don't want to be supportive but because it just sparks more worrying that I don't need to do. So as of now, everything is going fine and pretty soon Noah will get to find out if he is having brothers, sisters or one of each.

No comments:

Post a Comment